Be a bucket filler not a bucket dipper!
Discipline for Mrs. Castilleja’s Classroom
Our rules for the year are to:
1. Be safe.
2. Show respect.
3. Be a bucket filler.
Consequences when a child chooses to break a rule:
1. Child is given a verbal warning or a clear statement of what needs to change.
2. Child is removed from the situation (changes place in line or seat) name written in behavior log and loss of 5 minutes of recess.
3. Child writes a note to their parents or guardians explaining the problem they are experiencing and all of recess is missed. Child may have recess again the next day if the letter is returned signed by a parent.
4. Child is sent to the principal and a phone call will be made home. Recess will be missed until the problem has been fixed.
5. SEVERE CLAUSE- for any severe behavior immediate removal to the office will take place.