Classroom Policies and Procedures
- Be in your assigned seat when bell rings.
- Follow directions the first time given.
- Be kind to each other – HELP DON’T HURT.
- At the end of the period, remain in your seat until you are dismissed.
How to be prepared for class:
All students are required to have a 3-ring binder with paper for class notes. Pencils are preferred, pen is fine. I can provide calculators and will give you a packet of class notes for each chapter.
Report Card Grade:
Your grade has four components:
- Tests: Tests count as 40% of your grade. At the beginning of each chapter, you will be given a chapter packet of notes and practice that we will work through. We will also build a calendar together which will include the date of the chapter test so you can be prepared.
- Quizzes: All quizzes are pop quizzes, but they are open notes. They also make up a large portion of your grade. If you perform better on the chapter test than you did on the quiz, I will replace your quiz grade with the chapter test grade.
- Homework: HOMEWORK IS PRACTICE. IN MATH, JUST LIKE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE, YOU DON’T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO UNTIL YOU TRY IT ON YOUR OWN.
o Homework is checked and graded based on effort each day as a 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.
o To receive credit, your paper must be legible and your work must be shown.
o No late papers accepted. If you are absent, the homework must be turned in to me on the following day.
- Class participation
Two great resources to help ensure your success:
- Our building has a universal learning lab built into the schedule each day 3rd period. Students are required to get a presigned pass from any teacher they would like to work with for that period. All teachers in the building are available this period for extra help.
- We also offer a Math Lab in room 106B. The math lab is run by certified math teachers periods 2 through 9, with the exception of 3rd period. The offer assistance in homework, studying for tests, or reteaching the material. Any student who has a free period is invited to the math lab. Please bring your math supplies when you attend and be sure to sign in so I can give you credit for attending.
Mrs. Lawrence's Web Page
Watertown High School