||Classroom Rules and Expectations
As your child begins his/her final year of elementary school, I would like to share my expectations with you. First, I expect your child to be prepared for school. Secondly, I expect work to be completed on time and to the best of your child's ability. Finally, I expect your child to follow school and classroom rules. These rules are posted in the classrooms and each student has been given a copy. In addition, we have discussed these rules, consequences and rewards with the class. I would appreciate it if you would review with your child the following behavior plan before signing and returning the form at the end of this letter.
1. Students will follow directions.
2. Students will keep hands, feet, and other objects to themselves.
3. Students will not swear, use abusive language or obscene gestures.
When students choose to follow the rules and help make the classroom a pleasant and productive place to learn, they will earn individual points to use at end-of-the-marking period auctions. They will also compile class points to earn special class activities. They may be selected to receive a Wiley Super Citizen award or a classroom award.
1. Student will receive a clear warning to stop inappropriate behavior.
2. Student will be removed from the group and will return when able to control behavior.
3. Student will be removed from classroom and will complete a performance plan which
indicates how he/she has been disruptive. It is to be returned, signed by the parent, the
4. Student will be removed from the group and parent will be notified of behavior.
5. Student Infraction Report is sent to the Principal's Office.
A student who repeatedly interrupts the opportunity for others to learn by disobeying the class rules may be placed on an individualized discipline plan, for which a parent-teacher conference is required.
I look forward to a very productive and successful year. Thank you for your support and cooperation.