Degrees and Certifications:
Curriculum & Instruction - Stacey Eger
Dear Watertown Team AWESOME and Community,
We are so excited for what 2018-2019 is sure to bring here at Watertown City School District! Here are just a few highlights of things this year we are putting in place and/or continuing to support your children:
- 1:1 Initiative (Grades 2,3,4,5 and 9 will all receive personal Chromebooks – more to come!)
- Purposeful Play – a renewed focus on social interactions and learning through doing
- Student-Centered Learning – approaches to instruction that emphasize action, reflection, and authenticity
- Food 4 Families – over 100 families are served each week
- Standards-Based Report Cards – Grades K-4 will no longer see numerical averages on report cards, but, instead, a report on how a child performs relative to a skill at their grade level
- More STEM/STEAM programming with opportunities for students to engage both in school and after school
Once again, I want to thank you, parents and guardians for entrusting your child(ren) to our care and guidance as they pursue their potential. Together, with an amazing team of staff members, we are fostering a learning environment that supports not only academic growth, but also social and emotional growth. We strive to create problem solvers who take initiative to be productive citizens who are community-minded and curious about the world around them. Hence, our new mission statement (adopted in 2018):
Watertown City School District is committed to building caring culture
that fosters lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
Whether we focus on the caring culture, the lifelong learners, or the responsible citizens part of that statement, we truly believe we are emphasizing the true components of success with those three aspects. We have asked all staff members to take ownership of and pride in this statement, and I challenge each of you to do the same. What will you do to help us achieve this mission in 2018-2019?
Resources and updates will posted periodically on the Curriculum & Instruction pages, but please feel free to contact the office if you have questions or concerns. We welcome your voices.
As the 2018-2019 school year opens, I look forward to working with you as part of Watertown TEAM AWESOME and supporting each student and his/her learning.