- PE units are 8-10 total classes. Students need to be present and participate in at least six classes to recieve a passing grade.
- Students will be graded by the teacher at the end of each PE unit.
- Grading percentage (Marking Procedure per Unit):
> Preparation for Class 30%
> Effort and Sportsmanship 50%
> Written Test/ Extended Task 20%
- Quarterly report card grades will combine the averages of two(2) actviity unit grades. Semester grades will be the average of the quarterly marks.
- A Student will recieve .25 credit for the completion of one semsester of physical education.
- Physical Education numerical grade will be included in your G.P.A.
- Incompletes will be allowed to be made up after grades have been submitted.
- Students who are Home Instruction or out on Medical are required to type a one page paper on any health/fitness or sports topic. Each paper will be worth 25 points. So, a student may still earn a 100% by completing 4 papers per unit of Instruction.
WHS PHYSICAL EDUCATION UNPREPARED POLICY:
1ST offense – Student warning and loss of
2nd offense – Student warning, loss of
points, parental contact by PE Asst.
3rd offense – Loss of points & phone call home by PE Teacher.
4th offense – Loss of points, verbal warning.
5th offense – Loss of points and probable
failure of unit.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION MAKE-UPS:
EVERYDAY AFTER SCHOOL IN THE WEIGHT ROOM FROM 2:30-5:00.
(YOU MUST CHANGE INTO P.E. CLOTHES and YOU MUST WORK-OUT FOR A MINIMUM OF 30 MINUTES).
*Make-up's = 8 points (full credit back)
LEARNING LAB ( 5th Period):
*Students must have a pre-signed pass from a P.E. teacher for 5th period make - up's. Each 5th Period make - up is worth 1/2 credit or worth 4 of the 8 points back. This is due to the length of the period. Students will have to do two 5th period make - up's to receive full credit back for a refusal to play.