WHS Physical Education Attendance/Grading Policy
- P.E. units are approximately 10 classes.
- Students receive 8 points per class ( 8 points x 10 classes = 80 points) and will either have a cognitive unit test, written assignment, or Physical Fitness Test valued at 20 points.
- Students are required to attend and participate in 70% of the classes per unit. If students do not meet the minumum participation requirement their grade will be affected.
- Grading procedure per unit:
> Preparation for Class 50 points
> Participation, Effort & Sportsmanship 30 points
> Written Test/Extended Task 20 points
- Quarterly report card grades will combine the averages of two (2) activity unit grades. Semester grades will be the average of the quarterly marks.
- A student will receive .25 credits for the completion of one semester of Physical Education.
- Physical Education is a numerical grade and will be included in a students overall G.P.A.
- Incomplete units will be allowed to be made up after grades have been submitted.
- Students who are on Home Instruction or out on a Medical Excuse are required to have 2 - one page typed assignments on any health/fitness topic, sport topic, or professional athlete for each unit missed. The student will receive up to 40 points per assignment.
1st offense – Student warning and loss of 8 points.
2nd offense – Student warning, loss of 8 points, parent contact.
3rd offense – Student warning, loss of 8 points.
4th offense – Student warning, loss of points, 2nd parent contact.
5th offense – Student warning, loss of points and probable failure of unit.
WHS Physical Education Make-up Opportunities
Students will have the opportunity Monday - Friday when school is in session to make up a P.E. Class in the high school weight room between the hours of 2:30-5:00 pm.
*Students MUST change into P.E. clothes and workout for a minumum of 30 minutes to equal one unprepared class.
- 1st Make-up = 8 points (full credit back)
- 2nd Make-up = 6 points
- 3rd Make-up = 4 points
- 4th Make-up = 2 points
*** Per Semester ***
Students are also given an opportunity to make-up a P.E. Class during 5th period learning lab. Students are required to obtain a pre-signed pass from their P.E. Teacher to fulfill this make-up. No P.E. make-ups are offered on Tuesdays during 5th period.
*Unprepared classes in the swimming unit will need to be made up in the pool during 5th period or during a student's free period provided a swimming class is being offered at that time.