Interested in playing a sport?
Please see the information below pertaining to participating in athletics.
Before a student can participate in Watertown Athletics:
1. A student must be registered in the Watertown City School District prior to participation in Athletics.
2. A student must be a bona fide pupil registered in the equivalent of 4 regular courses, is meeting the physical education requirement, and is an amateur.
3. A student must have a completed sports physical and health history form (blue) on file in the health services office in order to be cleared by the school nurse. If the athlete has a current sports physical and health history form (blue) on file in the health service office from a previous sport, the athlete must complete an athletic health update form (gold), and be cleared by the school nurse. The forms can be found on the athletics and health services webpage.
4. A student and parent must sign and return to the coach the extracurricular code of conduct form, concussion management form and the athletic consent form.
5. A student must be academically eligible.
6. A student must attend the pre-season meetings.
7. A student must participate in the state required number of practices before the first scrimmage or contest.
* Please note that students interested in playing athletics will sign up in their respective physical education classes for any sport teams they are interested in. This list will be given to the nurse and she will contact each student for the pre-physical paperwork and any other specific information needed.
Upon registering in the guidance office, students must first contact the Athletic Office to complete the transfer request form in order to receive clearance before participating on a JV/Varsity athletic team. Please follow steps 1-7 above.