The Watertown City School District Fitness Center is open to all residents of the district for use free of charge. It is located at Watertown High School. The facility provides equipment for all your fitness needs including free weights, cardiovascular equipment and strength training apparatus.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 2:30 – 7 p.m. for students and 3:30-7 p.m. for adults. A supervisor is on duty at all times.
Fitness Center Guidelines
- Proof of Watertown residency is required. You must be a district resident or pay Watertown CSD taxes in order to use the facility. Supervision workers reserve the right to request proof of residency when in question.
- You must attend a fitness center training class. In order to use the fitness center, you must attend an orientation class and be issued a fitness center member card. Classes are held every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
- All visitors must sign in. Sign in sheets are found at the registration desk. Please sign in upon arrival.
- Footwear needed: You are required to bring a clean, dry pair of footwear to change into once you enter the center.
- Disinfect machines after every use. Disinfectant cleaner and towels are provided for your use. Please be considerate of the next person using the machine by cleaning.
- No food, gum, or artificial drinks are allowed. Please bring clear water only.
- Age requirement. Watertown students are able to use the facility after they have had orientation in their physical education class or by the fitness center supervisor. Students younger than ninth grade are not allowed to use the fitness center from 2:30-7 p.m. weekly (unless given prior approval and training from the weight room supervisor or coach).
Former Watertown High School students. Students who have graduated need to be issued a fitness center resident member card by attending a refresher orientation class provided by the fitness center supervisor.