Social Emotional/Behavioral Concerns

  • Social-Emotional/Behavioral Concerns

    If you have concerns regarding your child's behavior in school I encourage you to start by meeting with your child's teacher(s).  If your child attends Case Middle School you can contact the Guidance Office to set up a parent-teacher conference.  If your child attends North Elementary, then you can contact their teacher directly to set this up.  If you would like me to attend that conference, please be sure to let me know the day and time of that conference and I will do my best to be able to attend.

    It is important for you to understand that I am not licensed to, nor can any school staff, diagnose any behavioral disorders (such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Oppositional Defiant Disorder etc).  What school staff is able to do is provide teacher input, observations, results of various rating scales, information regarding your child's academic abilities etc. in a report for you to share with your child's pediatrician. 

    Any pertinent diagnosis will be made by your child's pediatrician or they will give you an appropriate referral to other qualified professionals in the area of concern to pursue any possible behavioral diagnosis.  In addition, any recommendations regarding the initiation of any possible pharmaceutical interventions will be made by those qualified physicians pending your consent.