NBC Dateline: My Kid Would Never Bully
Introduction (Run time 4:57)
Part 2 (Run time 7:57)
Would you stand up for someone getting bullied about their weight?
Would you stand up for someone getting cyberbullied? Will boys react differently than girls do?
Part 3 - Boys (Run time 7:57)
Part 4 - Girls (Run time 7:11)
Part 5 - The Parents (Run time 4:26)
Being young and dealing with bullying is difficult enough. Do parents know how to handle bullying and set good examples for their kids?
Part 6 - The Confrontation (Run time 5:47)
Who will stand up for themselves?
While the situations were staged, the people who were not hired actors showed genuine reactions.
Questions to discuss:
1. Do you think this is a fairly accurate portrayal of something boys and girls would bully each other about?
2. Are there similarities/ differences?
3. Would you have spoken up in any of these situations? You are in a group of complete strangers.
4. What are some pros and cons of speaking up/stopping the bullying?
5. Ask if students want to share any related experiences.