Degrees and Certifications:
Resource Room Grade 12- Academic Support
Mrs. Velasquez email@example.com
Course Description: Students are assigned to me for “academic support”. They do NOT receive a grade for my class per se but as their advocate and support system for all of their core classes it is strongly suggested that they come to me for assistance, guidance and support for their other classes as I am in direct connection with their teachers.
Course Requirements: Virtual students are assigned a SPECIFIC time on Wednesdays for video/phone conferencing between 12:00-2:30 p.m. This will be a 10-15 minute segment during which we can converse about areas they need additional support in or just to touch base. It is expected that students will participate each week during their assigned time.
Policies and Procedures: Students MUST let me know on a DAILY basis what they are working on/need assistance with for attendance purposes. Students that do not do this will be considered “absent” for that day. There are MANY options to check in with me as listed below depending on what group you are in:
100% Virtual Learners-
- Wednesdays-Join your Zoom video conference appointment at your scheduled time and wait for me to “admit” you as I may be finishing with another student.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays Fridays- You MUST let me know what you are working on via Google Classroom, text or join Zoom during your assigned resource period +
In Person Learners-M/TH (purple group)
- On your remote learning days Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays- You MUST let me know what you are working on via Google Classroom, email, text, or join Zoom during your resource period for assistance (Tuesdays & Fridays).
In Person Learners-T/F (Cyclone group)
- On your remote learning days-Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays-You MUST let me know what you are working on via Google Classroom, email, text, or join Zoom during your resource period for assistance (Mondays & Thursdays).
When students are “in person” I notate daily what they work on in class for documentation purposes. So it only makes sense that they will be required to do the same on their virtual days.
- ON MOST Wednesdays I will post an assignment Resource Room related such as learning about ACCES-VR/ college/ resource room specific assignments. On such days students will need to complete the required task by the “due date”. (which has been designated to be Tuesday’s by midnight if assigned on a previous Wednesday).
- If you have a question about a specific assignment from a teacher I recommend you go to the subject area teacher first. (Math DOES have a virtual lab!)
- If you would like to have me proofread a Google doc, share it to my email.
- Check ALL Google Classrooms EVERY school day. (new week begins each Wednesday)
- Classwork is due each Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. for the previous week